Have you setup your feed with FeedBurner for your WordPress blog? If yes, still you are not fully integrated with your FeedBurner feed, and now you keep two feeds for the same content. One is your existing WordPress post feed, and the second is your newly created FeedBurner feed. Now, you have to permanently 301 redirect your WordPress feed to your FeedBurner feed, what have you setup before. In this tutorial, we will redirect your WordPress feed to Feedburner feed through various methods. Therefore, here is how to redirect WordPress feed to FeedBurner feed.
Choose any one method which could be easy for you.
- Method 1: Redirect WordPress feed to Feedburner by inbuilt function in your theme, if supported.
- Method 2: Redirect WordPress feed to Feedburner by a WordPress plugin, if your theme not supported inbuilt function.
- Method 3: Redirect WordPress feed to Feedburner by .htaccess file.
How To Redirect WordPress feed to FeedBurner Feed By Themes Function | Genesis & Thesis
- Genesis Themes: Sign into your WordPress dashboard and click on Theme Settings under Genesis in the left sidebar (check out the below preview), which shows you all the options that you can change. Scroll down the page until you see Custom Feeds, and write your Feedburner feed URL in “Enter your custom feed URL:” field and check the box of “Redirect feed?“. Now, scroll down the page and click on Save Settings. It sets the redirect WordPress feed to FeedBurner Feed in Genesis themes. You can try it for your comment RSS too.
- Thesis Themes: Sign into your WordPress dashboard and click on Site Options under Thesis in the left sidebar, which shows you all the options that you can change. Scroll down the page until you see “Feed URL” under “Document Head“. Now, click on “+” beside Feed URL to expand the text field. Paste your FeedBurner feed URL in the URL field, and click on ‘Save”. It sets the redirect your WordPress feed to Feedburner feed in Thesis themes.
How To Redirect WordPress Feed To FeedBurner Feed by a WordPress Plugin
If your theme is not supported the redirection function, then you can use this plugin called FeedBurner FeedSmith. Just go to this page and download the plugin into your desktop and install this plugin to your WordPress directory wp-content/plugins/ and activate this plugin.
Once you activated this plugin click on FeedBurner under Settings panel in the left sidebar, and write your FeedBurner feed URL of your WordPress blog in the second option and finally click on Save button. Take a preview,It sets the redirect your WordPress feed to FeedBurner feed on any themes.
If you want to redirect your WordPress feed to FeedBurner feed using .htaccess then check this article.